Presented by Kathy Mills Chang, MCS-P, CCPC
This webinar was recorded on April 2nd, 2020
Your friends at KMC University are offering this informative webinar training as a service to the profession. This information break in your schedule will provide important information, as we know it, relative to these three important areas of focus:
- Telemedicine and home visits may be available to you for the time being. Learn what you must know about coverage and billing.
- Kathy Mills Chang, as a Colorado chapter member of the Global Entrepreneur’s Organization, has become privy to excellent information on the disaster loans being offered to small businesses during this time. Get the latest update.
- Billing and claims don’t stop during social distancing. Find out best practices for keeping the show on the road during this time of social distancing.
***NOTE: Thursday evening after the webinar, the government clarified that you can’t receive both the Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) and the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) loan unless you happened to have received EIDL prior to April 3. Remember, the PPP has the option to have it forgiven if used 75% for payroll. It’s recommended that you open a new checking account for this money, if received. Pay applicable expenses from this account to confirm how the PPP was used and whether it’s forgivable.
- The information presented in this training webinar and on this resources page is what is currently available and is subject to change.
- Coding information is always subject to medical review policy of the payer being billed. Follow the recommendations here today to verify coverage.
- Delivery of health care services, including telehealth, is regulated by State Licensing Boards and subject to coverage limitations of your malpractice insurance. Both should be consulted as final authority.
- The CARES Act legislation is evolving quickly and details of SBA programs, including rules and eligibility details, are still being developed, and therefore are subject to change.
- KMC University is a healthcare consulting company. We are not bankers, CPAs, or lawyers and nothing shared today should be interpreted as legal, financial, or tax advice.
- Consult your tax professional or attorney regarding financial advice associated with the government offerings reviewed today.
- Today’s training and the resources provided on this page are meant for educational purposes, based on the best information available at the time of presentation.